Softonic is a worldwide market leader in software downloads, awarded Best Place to Work in Spain, and top ranked as a European Best Workplace, was founded and is based in Barcelona with offices also in Madrid, Tokyo, San Francisco and Shanghai. Softonic is an international company, driven by constant expansion, serving as reference for a multilingual audience.
Join our Business Team to support us on our goal of sustaining the company’s face paced growth as well as our international expansion and serving our clients throughout worldwide markets.
The Social Media Manager will be responsible for the social identity of Softonic. One of his/her functions is to be the users` voice within Softonic, and Softonic`s voice in the user community. That is, acting as the vehicle of communication between the two of them.
He/she will have the responsibility for the Softonic profile in all the external communities in which we participate. He/she will transmit marketing campaigns and corporate actions to the social web. Unlike specific advertising campaigns, that are concrete and with a closed objective, the contributions of the Social Media Manager should be progressive and exponential, so that the key indicators also grow exponentially.
All his/her work must be reflected in a social media metrics control system that will be elaborated together with the analytics responsible. This is to create a social networks immersion plan and have 100% measurable targets for short, medium and long term.
-Define Softonic`s Social Media Strategy
- Define and coordinate the objectives of the Social Media Team at Softonic
- Define the Social Media integration in the corporate communication strategy
- Define and implement local strategies for each Softonic site (currently active in 10 countries)
- Plan, design and implement Social Media campaigns.
- Define how to take full advantage of the presence in networks such as Facebook , linkedIn, Youtube
- Build, grow, manage and revitalize the Softonic communities and define strategies how to make them profitable
- Define and integrate social tools on the web.
- Maintain and manage the corporate blog.
- Control and management of crisis communication
- Online reputation management.
- Monitoring. Measurement of the actions taken. Reporting. Evolution analysis and action plan. Use of Radian6.
- Prepare a profitable annual budget
- Updating knowledge about the legal framework for social actions
- Experience as a Social Media Manager, Community Manager or proven experience in social communication
- Deep knowledge of internet and emerging trends
- Deep knowledge of social sites, social networks and technology sites
- Brand reputation management
- Crisis Communication
- Proven Knowledge about how to use social media in b2b, and even social media for HR and Investor relations
- Impeccable language. Excellent written communication skills.
- Team management experience
- Business vision. High capacity of identifying opportunities.
- Good skills in data analysis and reporting
- Experience in Radian6 or other social metrics tool
- International profile. High level of English (native) is essential.
- Social Media Experience in an agency, working for different clients.
- Experience in related fields of marketing: online marketing, relationship marketing and customer loyalty.
- Additional languages are a plus.
- Advanced knowledge of web analytics.
- Studies related to Social Media, Community management
- Studies of journalism or public relations
- Professional related experience in the USA